Individuals who pledge $200 or more to Waco Habitat in a given year belong to the Carpenters Club.
There are two ways to give:
- Pledge per house (at 2-4 houses a year) and receive a project update and remittance notice as homes are completed. This project-specific method is ideal for groups like Sunday school classes and civic organizations.
- Online Recurring Gifts may be established on a monthly, quarterly or annual basis on our secure site or by calling calling the Waco Habitat administrative office. A receipt and project update will be emailed within the week of each transaction.
Tribute gifts are given in recognition of loved ones. Acknowledgment is sent to your honoree or your designated recipient informing them of your gift, and the amount is not disclosed. Tribute gifts are also recognized in Waco Habitat’s newsletter.
Make your honorarium or memorial gift securely online now by clicking on the donate button below, designate your contribution “In Honor” or “In Memory” of someone, and let us know who to notify.
If you have any questions, please email our Director of Development or call 254-756-7575.
The Waco Habitat for Humanity ReStore accepts donations of new and used building materials, contributes usable material to Habitat construction projects, and sells the balance to the public at affordable prices with all proceeds benefiting Waco Habitat for Humanity. For more information or to schedule a donation assessment or pick up, email the ReStore at email@example.com or 254-756-0131. Learn more about the ReStore here.
Gift of Stock
A charitable gift of stocks or bonds provides an opportunity for tax savings while generously sharing with others. A gift of stock owned for more than one year entitles you to a charitable deduction for the full market value at the time the gift is made. If the stock has appreciated, you also avoid a capital gains tax on the appreciation. In addition to helping Waco Habitat for Humanity, you may diversify away from low-basis, long-term holdings into other assets that will better suit your current needs. If you would like to discuss a gift of stocks or bonds, please email our Director of Development
Waco Habitat partners with many companies that match their employees’ and retirees’ contributions and/or have employee giving programs. Each dollar you give to Waco Habitat is stretched further when your employer doubles or triples it—and it all adds up! Some companies even provide matching funds to support employee volunteer hours.
How to Secure a Matching Gift for Your Donation to Waco Habitat:
- Please contact your Human Resources Departmentto find out if your company matches charitable gifts.
- Complete the form your company provides (online or by mail). You may need the information below to complete the matching gift form.
- Mail, fax or emailyour completed form to Waco Habitat. We will complete the “charity” section of the form and return it to your company.
Waco Habitat for Humanity, Inc.
220 N 11th St.
Waco, TX 76701
If you have any questions about workplace giving, or if you would like a Waco Habitat representative to visit your company or give a presentation, please email our Director of Development
Bequests, charitable gift annuities and charitable remainder trusts can benefit Waco Habitat while qualifying the donor for significant tax deductions. To visit with us about planned giving, contact our Director of Development
Real Estate Gifts
Donating real estate to Waco Habitat not only provides tax benefits for the donor, but also helps Waco Habitat further its mission. These properties will be used either to build new Waco Habitat homes on, or to be sold to raise much needed funds for home building.
If you have property that you are would like to donate, please contact our Executive Director John Alexander